What is the mission of your organization?
The mission of The Adventures of Barb and Tammy is in response to the growing demand for organic, locally produced, and/or gluten free, products. Barb and Tammy have joined the sellers producing these products. Their mission is selling great tasting granola with local organic materials.
How will creating this web site support your mission?
We website will allow them to describe in more detail what makes their granola and other products unique. It give a larger forum of discussion than the small vellum insert that is attached to the products when sold. It will also make themselves available to a larger audience when they appear in local news as well as when they start putting ads in area media. It will provide information about the owners and what they are about (locally grown/made products). With the addition of the website as a marketing tool for Barb and Tammy, their business will be able to blossom into a larger producing and more publicly known organization.
What are the two or three most important goals for the site? Whats will make the site stand out?
- Organize the content and information provided by Barb and Tammy.
- Create a website with a theme reflecting what Barb and Tammy do.
- Help Barb and Tammy reach their goals of how they would like the website to function and what they want it to be used for.
- To be a profitable marketing tool for The Adventures of Barb and Tammy
- To be used as a way for them to facilitate selling their products to local and non-local consumers
- How will the site stand out?
- This site is going to stand out because of the uniqueness of the owners and their products. With a well made website, their business has the capability to flourish even more.
- Display the products in a manner that makes them attractive to anyone who views the site.
Who is the primary audience for the web site?
People with an interest in locally owned businesses and people who support the local economy. Friends and family of Barb and Tammy and anyone else who may stumble upon the site. Locovores, Health conscience, farmers market goers most likely in the 30+ age range.
What do you want the audience to think or do after having visited your site?
Have a better understanding of what The Adventures of Barb and Tammy is, and what products they sell and know information about those products. Visitors should be interested and want to purchase products from Barb and Tammy. We would like them to think that The Adventures of Barb and Tammy is a reputable and reliable business that provides quality products.
What web-related strategies will you use to achieve those goals?
Create a clean, organized website that is easy to navigate. Use photos of Barb and Tammy's products with detailed descriptions. Make the site look professional by using good contrast, repetition, alignment, and good proximity. Creating a website that matches the taste of Barb and Tammy, an eclectic yet clean and easy to use site.
How will you measure the success of your site?
Page hits, and Sales
How will you adequately maintain the finished site?
We will create a content management system so that Barb and Tammy may easily update and maintain the site themselves. Updating the products and prices will be the main maintenance needed for the site. Fresh photos and information would be helpful as well. It is also important to be updating location of selling points (craft fairs, church events, etc)